A fourth man from Portsmouth who went to fight in Syria for Islamic State (IS) is believed to have been killed.
Mehdi Hassan, 19, travelled to the country with a group of four other men in October 2013.
A photo of his body emerged on Twitter on Friday and his family confirmed earlier to their local mosque they had received news of his death.
Iftekar Jaman, Mamunur Roshid and Hamidur Rahman have previously been killed in the fighting.
In a statement, the Foreign Office said it had not received any reports about Mr Hassan’s death but was “aware of reports about the death of a British national in Syria”.
‘Well mannered boy’
Chairman of the Portsmouth Jami Mosque, Abdul Jalil, said: “It has been confirmed with the family that he has died. Right now they are very upset.
“I am saddened and again shocked for the community about this news.”
It is thought he died in Kobane.
A family friend, who did not want to be named, told the BBC: “Mehdi Hassan was a polite well mannered boy and always spoke to elders with respect.
“He had a good family upbringing. It’s a shame, he would have been a valuable member to Portsmouth society.”
On 17 October, a tweet from an account believed to be linked to Mr Hassan said: “Between 20-40 us strikes daily in ayn al arab [the Syrian town of of Kobane]. Alhamdulillah they are spending $10’s of billions…against themselves.
read more click this link – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29771293