A pair of Islamic protestors who abused fellow Muslims and picked a fight with group of football fans have been convicted

Mohan Uddin and Kamran Khan were part of a group who attacked football fans in Oxford Street, the Old Bailey was told.

Scales of Justice

A pair of Islamic protestors who abused fellow Muslims and picked a fight with a group of football founds have been convicted of affray.

Mohan Uddin, 36, of Luton, and Kamran Khan, 27, were found guilty at the Old Bailey yesterday (June 18) after admitting setting upon football fans with eight other men in Oxford Street, after setting up a stall to protest outside the American Embassy in Grosvenor Square.

The group attacked the fans and others making their way to a pub near the stall after a football match at Wembley Stadium on May 18 last year. One man suffered an injury to his head. Nine of the group admitted their involvement while another, Abu Rahin Aziz, of Luton, was found guilty despite failing to attend court.

Just eight days before the Oxford Street incident, Uddin and Khan were in Edgware Road, Westminster where they demonstrated against the Syria conflict and protested against Shi’ite Muslims by chanting sectarian slogans and carrying offensive banners. The abuse resulted in two members of the public being punched, kicked and hit with wooden placards.

Some of the protestors were affiliated to the British based Salafi-Wahhabi Islamist terrorist organisation, Al Muhajiroun (ALM) – banned under the UK Terrorism Act.

Uddin and Khan were found guilty on May 8, along with three others, of violent disorder or affray following an 11 day Old Bailey trial but could not be named until now because of their involvement with the Oxford Street incident.

Temporary Commander Duncan Ball, of the SO15 Counter Terrorism Command, said: “People in London have a right to go about their daily lives without being put in fear by this type of criminal behaviour. This is something the Metropolitan Police Service will not tolerate and we will actively pursue those who commit offences. This successful prosecution underlines our resolve to take positive action against those responsible.”

Sentencing is set to take place tomorrow (June 20) at the Old Bailey.

via – http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/west-london-news/islam-demonstrators-attacked-football-fans-7293791

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s